From Larry J. Dunlap:
Just recently heard that Night People is stocked at Amoeba Music on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, CA. The iconic music and record store is located between Ivar and Cahuenga. It’s a fantastic place and located near many places on Sunset Boulevard where the story of NIght People takes place:
- the Hullabaloo Afterhours, west on Sunset where we played with many of the most popular acts of the early 1960s.
- Gazzari’s Nightclub; at Sunset and Doheny where we were playing when I had a crisis of faith about our music up in the Hollywood Hills overlooking Sunset, just one week before we opened at Caesars Palace in December of 1966.
- The Sunset Las Brea Travelodge where La Brea crosses Sunset – we had to sneak most of the guys in Stark Naked and the Car Thieves in at night we were so broke.
- The Red Velvet where we switched clubs with Ike and Tina Turner so we would be close to Producer’s Workshop
the studio where we did most of our recording.
- Also, not far from where my studio, City Recorders, was located in the Paramount Lot in the late 1970s.
- And several other places you can find in both
Quick reminder, the concluding volume of Things We Lost in the Night, Enchanted, Book 2, will be available for early review soon. Get Your Copy HERE if you’d like to review the new book.Share this